Overall, the training activities of our RERC build capacity for rehabilitation research, and provide training for participants in all aspects of the disability research field, including scientists, service providers, and consumers. T1, T2, T6, and T8 focus on training researchers (doctoral and postdoctoral students) to increase the scientific capacity of our field. T1, T3, T5, T6, T8 focus on practitioners and future practitioners (rehabilitation, engineering and medical students). T6 and T8 address the training needs of consumers. T4 and T7 focus on undergraduate students.
- Our training activities emphasize four important features:
- They are highly interdisciplinary
- Training will be continually updated to depict State-of-the Science
- Our programs comprise both primary and secondary training methods
- RERC training activities are co-funded
- Chair of Training and Dissemination
- Roger O. Smith, Ph.D.
- Deborah A. Epps, M.B.A
- RIC Coordinator
- Margaret Holzer